Wondering what happened at the The Server Side Java Symposium. Scott and I live blogged a lot this week. Since we wrote so much more than normal, this post serves as an index/table of contents to what we wrote up. We had a blast and hope you’ve enjoyed reading along with us.
- Scott’s Welcome and Jeanne’s Welcome
- Jeanne’s preliminary comments about blogging on the iPad. Scott and I will write more about the experience later in the month.
- Jeanne on James Gossling keynote
- Jeanne on lightning rounds
- Jeanne on the testing smells breakout (speaker: Lasse Koskela)
- Scott gave a session on GWT. No blog summary because I went to the testing smells breakout at the same time and he was speaking. I heard it went well.
- Jeanne on JEE 6/Glassfish keynote
- Scott on the jQuery breakout (speaker: Bear Bibeault)
- Jeanne on the jQuery breakout (speaker: Bear Bibeault)
- Jeanne on IBM’s vision for the future breakout (speaker: Jim Knutson)
- Scott on the mobile development breakout (speaker: Mark Spritzler)
- Jeanne on Java in Flux keynote
- Jeanne on fixing the JCP keynote
- Jeanne on performance tuning breakout (speaker Kirk Pepperdine)
- Jeanne on standards vendor keynote
- Scott on Spring message driven architecture breakout (speaker: Mark Fisher)
- Jeanne on Spring message driven architecture breakout(speaker: Mark Fisher)
- Scott on Postgres vendor session
- Jeanne on static analysis breakout (speaker: Patrycja Wegrzynowicz)
- Scott on web frameworks breakout (speaker: Matt Raible)
- Jeanne on testing JEE applications breakout (speaker: Reza Rahman)
- Scott on testing in the cloud breakout (speaker: Andrew Monkhouse)
- Scott on lightweight JEE development demo (speaker: Adam Bien)
- Jeanne on lightweight JEE development demo (speaker: Adam Bien)
- Jeanne on Rod Johnson keynote
- Scott on Hibernate performance breakout (speaker: Patrycja Wegrzynowicz)
- Jeanne on Hibernate performance breakout (speaker: Patrycja Wegrzynowicz)
- Jeanne on Extreme Performance vendor keynote
- Scott on AJAX and JSF (speaker: Max Katz)
- Jeanne on JEE patterns breakout(speaker: Adam Bien)
- No blog on the last breakout because we were both speaking. Scott was part of the client side smackdown and I was giving my breakout on process.
- Scott on the closing keynote
- Jeanne on the closing keynote
Wow. I typed 6670 words on the iPad while live blogging. (not counting Scott’s). Minus the session I borrowed Scott’s keyboard plus a lot of e-mail/twitter. I think I’m comfortable touch typing on the built in keyboard now. Not as accurate as I’d like, but comfortable.