Scott and Jeanne are thrilled to announce that Oracle has finally announced the new Java 17 1Z0-829 exam! Having worked with Oracle to create the objectives, we’ve been anxiously waiting to let all of our readers know that we already have two books for the new exam well underway:
In fact, you can preorder the Java 17 Complete Study Guide now!
The exam is similar to the Java 11 1Z0-819 that preceded it. The following are some of the key changes Oracle has made to the new exam:
- Sealed Classes and Records have been added
- Switch Expressions have been added
- Pattern Matching has been added
- Text Blocks have been added
- Math API is on the exam
- Date/Time API is back on the exam (previously on the Java 8 exam)
- Annotations and Security have been removed
We’ll post more details soon about the exam including when you can sign up to take it, as Oracle releases the information!