About the conference
- 2400 attendees
- celebrating 25 years of Java
- This year, another conference NGAlt (angular conference) was run partially concurrently I got three attendees from that conference at my workshop yesterday.
- Duke! Oracle shipped the Duke costume. Duke was on stage during the opening remarks.
- Keynote: Dueling Banjos – Burr Sutter & Ray Tsang
- Java: Did you know that? – Jeanne Boyarsky (link to deck since can’t blog my own)
- Agile Software Engineering – Jeff Wilson
- Mothering a Dev Team – Valarie Regas
- Metrics that Matter – Joel Tosi
- Synchronized is obsolete – Enrique Zamudio
- Afternoon keynotes
- Quantum Computing – Jessica Pointing (this blog post is actually from Oracle Code One. But I saw the keynote there and it sounds like it was similar. Donut included)
- Worked in morning
- Developers Need to Take Notice: Malicious Attacks on Open Source are Getting Worse – Derek Weeks
- Open Development when You’re not in charge – Bob Paulin