I don’t edit video often, which means it feels different each time I try. I last wrote about cropping on a Mac in 2012. It felt different (but easier) this time.
Downloading the file from youtube
I entered the original youtube URL into http://en.savefrom.net. Then I downloaded the mp4 file.
Opening the video in iMovie
- Open iMovie
- New Project
- No theme
- Name project
- Import Media > navigate to the mp4
Crop the video
- In the thumbnails view, select the beginning of where you wan the video to start.
- Drag to where you want the video to end.
- Adjust as needed
- Play the video in the preview to ensure it is right.
Export the video
- Share > File
- Save to location
- Wait until Mac pops up message that export was successful