The 694 FIRST robotics team is doing history webcasts. During today’s Joe and Seth were talking about how there used to be a “Looking Forward” post where 694 was listed as a favorite for the Hartford competition for the first time in 2009. Joe did a quick search and learned it was hard to find.
Since he was doing the webcast, he said he’d look later. I decided to look while I listened. It was hard. Here’s what I dd:
- Google: “chief delphi looking forward”. (Chief Delphi is the forum for FRC – FIRST Robotics Challenge)
- The first hit tells me that Looking_Forward is a user
- Did a couple searches about chief delphi looking forward and the year. No luck
- Searched chief delphi itself for “looking forward”
- Then tried searching chief delphi for “looking forward 2009”. No luck.
- Then tried searching chief delphi for the team number 694 as the text and Looking_Forward as the user. No luck. I found a recap thread but not from before the competition.
- Ok. Well. Chief delphi lets you search by date. Unforuntately, the UI has you click one month a a time. I’m not clicking 100 times. So I picked a recent date and looked at the generated URL: https://www.chiefdelphi.com/search?q=694%20%40Looking_Forward%20before%3A2020-05-06
- OK I can change easily to what I want. Changing that to 2009: https://www.chiefdelphi.com/search?q=694%20%40Looking_Forward%20before%3A2009-05-06
- Success. I found the thread!