Facilitated by Oracle (Nicolai/Jose)
For more see the table of contents
- The lab uses Oracle’s cloud environment. Setup was clear and well documented.
- It’s a throwaway env only good for a few hours so you don’t have to worry about cleanup.
- Can also do locally if prefer
- Workshop: https://bit.ly/ocw22-hol3733
- A virtual thread runs on a “real” platform thread called a carrier thread
- Can be mounted/dismounted from carrier thread when blocks
- It’s cool seeing a platform thread run so many virtual threads
- I just skimmed this part (had ice cream and got distracted talking to people so didn’t do the code for this half.) Conveniently, it is in github and I can do it in the future. Probably when it makes it out of incubator so I don’t forget everything.
It took almost half an hour to get started. The online editor doesn’t work in Mac Safari so did the setup twice. I could have used Java 19 locally, but wanted to see what the lab environment looked like. I had enough time though so it was ok.’
I got to use single file source code execution (the lab didn’t say to, but less typing.) Must tease someone about its usefulness. And I got to to try out Loom.