I’m going to attempt to live blog. The internet has been flakey so it might be “less than live”. (Also, I’m only attending Day 1 of the conference)
All sessions will be on youtube.
- In the evening, they had lightning talks. I did one on FRC Java Robots. It’s my first time giving an Ignite talk (aside from practice.) It was fun and I did well.
- They also had PowerPoint Karaoke. They set up 5 slides that you had to talk about for 15 seconds each without having seen them before. I tried this, it was fun and funny. Luckily they had Mac Presenter view on so at least you could see the next slide and create transitions.
- Before the keynote, they had a giant picture on screen where people could text shapes/colors to make a communal mural. It looked cool. They also did a good job keeping the back closed at first to fill up the front.
- Not Actually a Dev Ops Talk – Michael Cote
- Crossing the CI/CD/DevOps Chasm – Miranda LeBlanc
- State or Events – What shall I keep? – Kenny Bastani & Jakub Pilmon
- Enterprise CI/CD – Scaling the Build Process at Home Depot – Matt McKenny & Jeff Millimek
- Productize your Services – a path towards effective microservices development – Stephan Hagemann
- Going Cloud Native at Comcast – Todd Migliore
- Virtual Scrum powerpoint – Jeanne Boyarsky
- n/a – I had a vacation planned so was only at this conference for one day