jeanne’s core spring 3 certification experiences

Blog

August 2010
« Jul   Sep »
16171819202122

jeanne’s core spring 3 certification experiences

August 20th, 2010 by Jeanne Boyarsky

Today I passed the Core Spring 3 certification exam with a score of 92%.  This blog entry is similar to Jeanne’s SCEA part 1 experiences – a place to share all the information about the process.  For SCEA, it was an place to weed through all the information out there and organize it a bit.  For Spring, it is the opposite.  There is an information shortage out there.  Not much is written up and most of what is out there goes with the 2.5 version of the exam.  As a result, this entry is much longer and has been split into a series of posts.

1. Background information
  2. About the test (includes Scope of the test and Spring 2.5 vs 3.0 exam)
  3. What did I read and how were the resources I tried
  4. My study plan
  5. Skills guru mock exam
  6. What I would recommend as a study plan

Background information

I took the Core Spring class the week of July 20th.  It comes with one free attempt at the test.  Retakes are $150.  Luckily, I didn’t need a retake.  Based on what I had heard about the 2.5 test, it went deeper than the course and required a lot of studying.  As a result, I decided to wait a month from taking the course before taking the test.  Now that I know what the test is about, I know I could have taken it a week or two earlier.  Or even earlier if the voucher arrived sooner.

In late 2013, Jakub Staš added noted some changes in the exam.

Next page: About the test

Note to those who are thinking of asking for a copy of the class materials:

The Core Spring course material is copyrighted by Spring Source. I cannot share it with others.  Please do not waste your time e-mailing me to request them.

Comments

Comment from Manish
Posted: July 15, 2013 at 6:09 am

Hi Jeannes,

I would like to thank you for the detailed guide for Spring certification. Following it helped me with passing spring core 3.0 certification with 90% score.

Thanks again,
Manish

Posted: August 4, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Congrats on your pass Manish!

Pingback from Spring Professional Certification Exam | Java CodeBook
Posted: August 24, 2013 at 4:02 am

[…] Following that philosophy, here’s the distribution for Spring 3 as per Jeanne Boyarsky’s Spring 3.X Certification Experiences (http://www.selikoff.net/2010/08/20/jeannes-core-spring-3-certification-experiences/): […]

Comment from Raj Kumar
Posted: September 11, 2013 at 5:36 am

Hi Jeannes,
Itestjava.com is offering 5 complete tests(total 250 questions). Can you suggest if they are worth purchasing and may be close to real exam?

Posted: September 17, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Raj: I can’t tell from the 5 free questions.

Comment from Gordon Dickens
Posted: September 13, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Consider replacing the term “J2EE” with “Java EE”, Java 2 was eons ago and Oracle officially references the enterprise edition under the name “Java EE”.

Posted: September 17, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Done. Thanks for noticing Gordon.

Comment from Jen
Posted: October 1, 2013 at 3:42 am

Hi Jeanne,

Thanks for providing this information. Just a quick question – is the mock test that you created available anywhere else (as the JavaBlackBelt site you linked to no longer exists) ?

Thanks!

Posted: October 4, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Jen: Unfortunately. When the site when out of business, I asked about taking the data. I was told that was not allowed.

Pingback from SpringSource Certified Spring Professional | Jakub Staš
Posted: December 8, 2013 at 6:21 am

[…] to find before my exam was a blog post about certification experiences by Jeanne Boyarsky on her well-known blog. However these information are almost 3 years old and few things have changed since then, so please […]

Comment from Waël
Posted: October 16, 2014 at 5:24 am

Hi Jeanne,

Why The “My study plan” page return a 500 Error? how can I access the following informations?

Thanks

Posted: October 16, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Good question. Looking into it.

Posted: October 26, 2014 at 10:36 am

Fixed. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment from Spring Certification Questions
Posted: February 20, 2015 at 1:11 am

Thank you for share your core spring 3 certification experiences. If you wnat to more information about the Spring Certification Questions visit us https://www.springmockexams.com/.

Comment from John Cruz
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 2:28 am

There are Spring 4 practice tests, and free demo at: http://itestjava.com/java-certification-practice-tests/product/enter.do?product=SPRING-CORE4

Comment from fossil
Posted: August 16, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Hello
Hi jeanne, this post helped me a lot for my spring core certification, do you have a blog post or any information about mock test or study guide/notes for the spring web developer exam, is you can share that it will help out a lot of other (including me) who are in process of the spring web developer exam

Posted: August 20, 2015 at 9:01 pm

@fossil: No. I didn’t take the web developer exam.