I tried to run “docker –version” on my Mac and it hung. That’s odd. I rebooted and same thing. After some useless fiddling, I decided to try reinstalling. Here’s what I did:
- Deleted /docker folder from Applications (this was the old Toolkit which I think I haven’t used in ages)
- Tried to delete Docker app from Applications. That failed because it was in use.
- Opened Activity Monitor and killed docker
- Actually deleted Docker app from Applications.
- Reinstalled Docker Desktop
While this was likely way overkill, it worked. And once I stopped fiddling, it took less than 15 minutes
Update: The next time I tried to do something, I got a prompt to accept XCode’s license agreement. That was likely the original problem causing the “hang”