For more blog posts, see The Oracle Code One table of contents
Discussion based. Key points:
- 3.6.2 – some people were able to reduce memory consumption a lot. Four times less
- 3.6.2 – environment variables in toolchain, not just settings.
- Future: specify if want to fail on warnings (default to warn on warn)
- CI: clean out workspace vs maven clean. Maven clean avoids pulling code again or if have local repo in workspace
- Latest maven compiler will remove class files if sees change. Then recompiles
- Some projects call plugins without understanding what do. Some can be unused code.
- ”90% issues are people adding stuff don’t need”
- Fabric 8 plugin – can generate and deploy docker images
- Visual tool to show the build plan https://github.com/jcgay/buildplan-maven-plugin
Any session where I have “homework” (something to try) is a good one in my mind!