I’m attending QCon New York 2016 for one day (Tuesday). I got a free pass for being selected for a BoF (Birds of A Feather) tonight. This post is the table of contents for all the sessions I attended (and will be filled in with blog posts as the day goes on)
- Keynote – Security War Stories
- Bad Things happen when you aren’t looking
- Applying Java 8 idioms to existing code
- Getting towards real sandbox containers
- Reactive programming for Java developers
- How containers have panned out
- The Engineer’s guide to Hotspot JIT Compilation
- BoF: Culture that transcends oceans – not live blogged. This was a small group so more of a discussion. It felt awkward typing in a small group so I didn’t blog.
- BoF: Virtual Scrum – no blog post – this one is mine. I do have slides which you can see on slideshare
- InfoQ is 10 years old
- Community night – 7:15-9:55 is open to non conference attendees
- I’m doing one of four BoFs. Plus conference session on papers, JavaSig and vendor sessions. Lots of things at the same time. To incentivize people to stay, they are raffling a conference ticket.
- Wireless has a 20 minute timeout. And there’s 25 minutes between session. Sounds like a lot of re-connecting over the day.
Note: I’m blogging from a computer rather than an iPad (since I needed the computer for the BoF) – so typing quality is better than usual.