For more blog posts, see The Oracle Code One table of contents
- Throwing spaghetti code in toxic waste
- 80s – Ken as pac man and Mala as ghost.
- 8 bit characters.
- Power pill.
- Make pong and spaghetti code monster.
- Text based code scrolls by
- Duke scares it off
- 90’s – Mario and Lugi 64 bit.
- Netscape “Browser” as Bowser.
- ”Applets are full of security holes. That should defeat bowser”.
- Henri opened Visual Cafe and Visual J++
- 2000 – Angry Birds and Lasagna code. The eagle as an inflatable costume is awesome.
- XML and EJB and Struts
- “XML is like human. Cute when small. Gets annoying as it gets bigger”.
- Groovy and Scala.
- I like Venkat coding in Sublime just like in his real presentations.
- Other languages motivate Java to move forward (ex: pattern matching, lambdas).
- Spring – giant slinky.
- Convention over configuration. Grails.
- 2010’s – Minecraft
- Minecraft written in Java in 2009
- As a service
- Ravioli code
- Java acquired superpowers – Invoke dynamic, Method handles, lambdas
- Java ascends to cloud
- New heros – spring cloud, micronaut, microprofile, quarkus
This was hilarious. I like that they wrote who the people were on the screen. The historic references were incredible. Happy ending. “Community wins” and Duke comes out. Throw clouds at bad guys